Table of contents:
- Children’s Literature, Domestication, and Social Foundation: Narratives of Civilization and Wilderness. Routledge, 1st June, 2013.
- Wild Children – Domesticated Dreams: Civilization and the Birth of Education. Fernwood Publishing, May, 2013. Available for order.
- Order and the literary rendering of chaos: children’s literature as knowledge, culture and social foundation – doctoral dissertation on the intersection of humanism with anthropogenic destruction of the world that spans ethology, anthropology, epistemology, ontology, and other humanist constructs, 2011.
- The Mythical Predator – a discussion on the nature of human beings, 5th September 2010
- “Beyond the Symbolic and Towards the Collapse” - Introduction to John Zerzan’s series of conferences and workshops in Montreal, May 2008
On childhood, parenthood and learning:
- On Objects, Love, and Objectifications. The Paulinian Compass (refereed scholarly journal), St. Paul University, Manila: Issue #2: June 2009
- Modernism and Education: Revised Perspectives on Meaning, Value and Practice. The Paulinian Compass (refereed scholarly journal), St. Paul University, Manila: Issue #3: November 2009
- Kaleidoscope (creative non-fiction)
On literature and culture:
- Genealogies of Wilderness and Domestication in Children’s Narratives: Understanding Genesis and Genetics in the Untangling of Identity. “The Paulinian Compass” (refereed scholarly journal), St. Paul University, Manila: Vol. 1, No. 4; July 2010
- Response to Critiques of Avatar on Questions of Scientism and Racism - text plus radio talk
Talks, Interviews, and Academic Presentations:
Appearances in media:
- AnOther Story of Progress – a documentary film on civilisation and resistance by Thomas Toivonen.
Radio, Podcasts, and Print:
- “Domestication, aliénation et civilisation” – entretien en 4 parties par Radio Anticoloniale Dack, Coop Média de Montréal, août – septembre 2012.
- “Interview on education and the student strike in “Quebec”” on Media-Coop. 5th September 2012.
- “Treyvon Martin, Anna Brown, Shaima Alawadi and Civilized Racism” – discussion of the medicalisation of the oppressed and the civilised “othering” by means of constructs of illness and health. Interviewed by Ron from Deep Green Philly, 29th March 2012.
- Anarchy Radio, University of Oregon, Eugene, KWVA. Tue. 7th February 2012. Wylden Freeborne introduces me on the 20th minute mark.
- “The Failure of Civilized Occupy“ – Interview for Deep Green Philly on 8th December 2011 . Excerpt submitted for Occupy Philly Media on 10th December 2011.
- “Primitivism 101“ on Deep Green Resistance Philly, 4th May 2011.
- “Civilize for Food” on BURN, 26th September 2010.
- “Naked Wildness” on BURN, 6th September 2010.
- Anarchy Radio on questions of racism, speciesism, and scientism in critiques of Avatar – 20 minute response on Tuesday 26th January, 2010.
- “In Praise of the Wild: Discussion of Jeannette Walls’ “The Glass Castle”: guest speaker at CKUT radio programme: In the Motherhood (mp3 of the programme) plus a response essay.
- “First there was the Word, then Came Civilisation: How Fiction Structures the Reality of Predation and Violence” a talk at Shakti Mountain climbing gym, Montreal, Saturday, 29th June, 2013, at 6:30 pm.
- “Qu’est-ce que l’économie civilisée? Recherche sur le principe ontologique de l’effondrement économique et écologique” a paper delivered at HEC, Montreal, Monday, 13th May 2013.
- “How Ivan the Fool Defeats Civilized Pedagogies“, Brown Bag Lunch Seminar series: Community, solidarity, and popular education: Confronting the national security state. Department of Integrated Studies in Education, McGill University, 12:00pm Wednesday, 8th February, 2012.
- “Radical Sustainability, Beyond Green Capitalism: Anarcho-Primitivism, Feminism and Christianity in a Conversation for an Endangered World“, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 1-2 April 2011.
- “Tell these Stories to your children” – presented at the conference “In the beginning: Anarchism, Christianity, and the roots of resistance“, Jesus Radicals Conference, Portland, OR 6th August 2010.
- Proposed an Open Forum discussion, titled: “Anarchy for All: Expanding the Horizons of Practice Beyond Privilege” shared with Nekeisha Alexis-Baker, John Zerzan, and partly with Wes Howard-Brook “In the beginning: Anarchism, Christianity, and the roots of resistance” conference, Portland, OR 7th August 2010.
- Respondent to “Race, Racism, and the Nation-State: A Christian-Anarchist Perspective” presentation by Nekeisha Alexis-Baker, Jesus Radicals Conference, Portland, OR; 6th August 2010.
- A Lullaby for the Planet: Undressing Ourselves for a Viable Parenthood. New Heaven, New Earth conference; Memphis, TN. 15th August 2009
- Open Forum: Layla AbdelRahim and John Zerzan respond (total time: 1hour and 51 minutes).
- Kaleidoscope (creative non-fiction)
TRAVEL PUBLISHED ITEMS